Who I've Always Been Forum - Your Source for Rare Songs!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Source for Rare Songs!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Shake It Off Acoustic studio version?
Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 3:53 pm by Fearlyssa

» 1989 leak question
Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 3:40 am by Fearlyssa

» 1989 world tour videos and audio??
Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:08 pm by [wonderstruck]

» Who do you think the songs are about?
Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 pm by Haunted

» Style video
Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 pm by CatKearns23

» Blank Space is the next single!
Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:59 am by Signe

» 1989 Review
Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 1:45 pm by Fearlyssa

» Welcome To New York!
Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 pm by Fearlyssa

» 1989 One Week Album Sales
Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 12:55 pm by Fearlyssa

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blank Space is the next single!

+6
Kate
pattio325
13ack to December
Fearlyssa
[wonderstruck]
sbsp92
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:01 am

Vicki

Vicki
it's flawless, it's fearless

Blank Space is a song which reflects on the character that the media has drawn up Taylor to be. It's supposed to be joke, she said so herself. She's lately stated how happy she is that people have moved away from the idea that she's a "serial dater", because that's not who she is. She's made a point of saying that since 2010 she's dated two people (so I'd say she's right in her reflection of herself).

She basically describes her ideas behind Blank Space here: https://youtu.be/C7jBWF40PXw?t=48s
And explicitly says it started off as a joke. Also, listening to the voice memo you can kinda tell ("Can't believe what you hear about me, hear about me...")

27Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:11 am

Signe

Signe
you're really gonna be someone

Fearlyssa wrote:
Signe wrote:I just watched the video again and now I am beginning to realize how meaningful the story actually is... the message I interpret from the video and song itself is how the feelings and perceptions you have in a relationship can all be an illusion. Throughout the video, you see Taylor's intense emotions changing throughout... yet nothing significant is really happening. It's very clever.
I think she just meant to show how everyone thinks she's crazy and dates all the time when really she doesn't and it's rediculous to think that just because she's seen out with a guy every once and a while and then breaks up with them. Like most people aren't that crazy and can still seem normal you know? So it just shows how diluted their view of her is and reassures everyone that the song is a joke. I mean, if someone doesn't get it after seeing the video and actually thinks she's that crazy and would openly admit to it then there's just no help for them. lol

That's what it is on the surface, obviously, but this was just another perspective it could be interpreted it as regardless if it was the director's intention.

http://raretaylortrades.webs.com

28Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Fearlyssa

Fearlyssa
come feel this magic
come feel this magic

I suppose there's many ways you could interperate it but I don't think she or the director meant it that way. I think they were just trying to depict the joke of the song but of course lyrics and similarly music videos can have different meanings to everyone. Because I mean, most people aren't famous to be able to relate to it the way she can anyway.

http://www.raretaylorswift.webs.com

29Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:52 pm

CatKearns23

CatKearns23
trying to find a place in this world

Did anyone see her AMA performance of Blank Space? It was really good!

30Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Fearlyssa

Fearlyssa
come feel this magic
come feel this magic

Cat21 wrote:Did anyone see her AMA performance of Blank Space? It was really good!
I didn't but I meant to.

http://www.raretaylorswift.webs.com

31Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:11 am

Sadie

Sadie
you're tied together with a smile

Cat21 wrote:Did anyone see her AMA performance of Blank Space? It was really good!

I really liked it! The stage setup was amazing, and I loved the whole fire thing Very Happy

32Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 am

Kate

Kate

Sadie wrote:

I really liked it! The stage setup was amazing, and I loved the whole fire thing Very Happy

It made me both excited and worried for the 1989 tour. Now I know stage and performance-wise, it's going to be an incredible show. But I did not like how she barely sang the chorus and other vocals things. She always sounds much stronger without background vocals during live shows. I just wish she felt the same way. She sounds much better without it.

33Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:04 pm

CatKearns23

CatKearns23

Sadie wrote:

Me too! I thought she really showed up the haters!

34Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Vicki

Vicki

Kate wrote:
Sadie wrote:

It made me both excited and worried for the 1989 tour. Now I know stage and performance-wise, it's going to be an incredible show. But I did not like how she barely sang the chorus and other vocals things. She always sounds much stronger without background vocals during live shows. I just wish she felt the same way. She sounds much better without it.
^ I agree. I love the singing and the music and the stage and pretty much everything about the performance, and her vocals are amazing, but I feel that during the choruses Taylor relies a little too heavily on her backing singers. I know, we all know she can sing the choruses and they tend to be repetitive so she chooses the more interesting vocal parts instead. But at the same time, I kinda wish she toned down the backing vocalists just a little during those choruses. I feel like the backing vocalists should add texture rather than fill in the parts Taylor isn't singing.

35Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:28 pm

CatKearns23

CatKearns23

Vicki296 wrote:
Kate wrote:
Sadie wrote:

^ I agree. I love the singing and the music and the stage and pretty much everything about the performance, and her vocals are amazing, but I feel that during the choruses Taylor relies a little too heavily on her backing singers. I know, we all know she can sing the choruses and they tend to be repetitive so she chooses the more interesting vocal parts instead. But at the same time, I kinda wish she toned down the backing vocalists just a little during those choruses. I feel like the backing vocalists should add texture rather than fill in the parts Taylor isn't singing.

I completely agree. I hope she does some acoustic stuff on the tour

36Blank Space is the next single! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Space is the next single! Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:59 am

Signe

Signe

Yeah I think Taylor's thoughts on the backup singers was something like "this gives me the opportunity to do some cool vocals over it" and as fans we obviously know she's singing the whole time even if it's not the last chorus, but my issue with it is that the haters are gonna jump on it like "OMG SHE'S LIPSINGING!!!!"

http://raretaylortrades.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum