Who I've Always Been Forum - Your Source for Rare Songs!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Source for Rare Songs!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Shake It Off Acoustic studio version?
Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 3:53 pm by Fearlyssa

» 1989 leak question
Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 3:40 am by Fearlyssa

» 1989 world tour videos and audio??
Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:08 pm by [wonderstruck]

» Who do you think the songs are about?
Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 pm by Haunted

» Style video
Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 pm by CatKearns23

» Blank Space is the next single!
Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:59 am by Signe

» 1989 Review
Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 1:45 pm by Fearlyssa

» Welcome To New York!
Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 pm by Fearlyssa

» 1989 One Week Album Sales
Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 12:55 pm by Fearlyssa

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fifth album ahead of sched!

+6
Vicki
maria
Fearlyssa
xmelanie
xLoveSwift
CatKearns23
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:43 pm

xmelanie

xmelanie
on the outside looking in

AllTooWell20 wrote:
ericjonahknight wrote:Left us hanging this year. :/
So do I. I think she either isn't doing anything or has something we couldn't imagine planned.
Yeah indeed. I don't really mind but I just don't like it that she said that this would be a special year and there wasn't anything special about it.. It was 2013, but it was just like previous. I really don't mind that she didn't do something special because it was "13" but she just should not have said that, I think =)
But who knows, the year is not over yet! Very Happy

27Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Fearlyssa

Fearlyssa
come feel this magic
come feel this magic

xmelanie wrote:
AllTooWell20 wrote:
So do I. I think she either isn't doing anything or has something we couldn't imagine planned.
Yeah indeed. I don't really mind but I just don't like it that she said that this would be a special year and there wasn't anything special about it.. It was 2013, but it was just like previous. I really don't mind that she didn't do something special because it was "13" but she just should not have said that, I think =)
I don't think she ever said she was planning anything special just that she thought it would be a big year because it's 2013. And it was a big year for her I guess but at the same time it wasn't. Like 2012 was probably just as big and I feel like for such a big album she really didn't win as many awards as she was before because it's not country.

http://www.raretaylorswift.webs.com

28Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:50 pm

maria

maria
Administrator
Administrator

Fearlyssa wrote:
xmelanie wrote:
AllTooWell20 wrote:
I don't think she ever said she was planning anything special just that she thought it would be a big year because it's 2013. And it was a big year for her I guess but at the same time it wasn't. Like 2012 was probably just as big and I feel like for such a big album she really didn't win as many awards as she was before because it's not country.
Well, that's debatable. I don't think Red is any less country than Speak Now was. Just because Speak Now had Mean, a full on country song, it doesn't mean it's more country. Personally, I feel like there are more country elements in Red that there were in Speak Now. Country music, to me, is not all about banjos and pick up trucks.
The way I see it, those award shows are rigged. Fans vote but the ultimate choice doesn't belong to them. They nominate Taylor to get her fanbase to watch the show, but they don't even intend to give her an award, because they only consider her most popular singles and not her album as a whole. Red has country elements in it as an album, but yeah, WANEGBT doesn't and they only seem to care about singles...

https://whoivealwaysbeen.forumeiros.net

29Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Fearlyssa

Fearlyssa
come feel this magic
come feel this magic

maria wrote:
Fearlyssa wrote:
xmelanie wrote:
AllTooWell20 wrote:
Well, that's debatable. I don't think Red is any less country than Speak Now was. Just because Speak Now had Mean, a full on country song, it doesn't mean it's more country. Personally, I feel like there are more country elements in Red that there were in Speak Now. Country music, to me, is not all about banjos and pick up trucks.
The way I see it, those award shows are rigged. Fans vote but the ultimate choice doesn't belong to them. They nominate Taylor to get her fanbase to watch the show, but they don't even intend to give her an award, because they  only consider her most popular singles and not her album as a whole. Red has country elements in it as an album, but yeah, WANEGBT doesn't and they only seem to care about singles...
I totally agree. Red also had stripped down songs too but because it had more pop songs they see it as not country at all and they don't give it as many awards as it deserves unfortunately but they still always nominate her because she's popular and still identifies herself as country. It's kind of unfair. If they don't think her songs are country they just shouldn't nominate her. Then no one can get mad either that she won a country award when she's not country. Sad

30Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:08 pm

maria

maria
Administrator
Administrator

Fearlyssa wrote:
maria wrote:
Fearlyssa wrote:
xmelanie wrote:
AllTooWell20 wrote:
The way I see it, those award shows are rigged. Fans vote but the ultimate choice doesn't belong to them. They nominate Taylor to get her fanbase to watch the show, but they don't even intend to give her an award, because they  only consider her most popular singles and not her album as a whole. Red has country elements in it as an album, but yeah, WANEGBT doesn't and they only seem to care about singles...
I totally agree. Red also had stripped down songs too but because it had more pop songs they see it as not country at all and they don't give it as many awards as it deserves unfortunately but they still always nominate her because she's popular and still identifies herself as country. It's kind of unfair. If they don't think her songs are country they just shouldn't nominate her. Then no one can get mad either that she won a country award when she's not country. Sad
Yeah. I think Red only has 3 full on pop songs, while the rest of the album has country elements (Even IKYWT has some country elements, IMO), but country award shows take advantage of those being the three most successful singles on the album to justify not giving her awards. I think it's very hypocritical of them to keep nominating her when they don't really intend on giving her anything. I think the timing of the Pinnacle award was very interesting. It's like they're saying she peaked at country music because they think she'll start to stray from country even more now. But I wouldn't know.
I think it's funny, though, that some country artists still like take "ownership" of Taylor Swift (like Blake Shelton said in The Voice), but the "big people" who get to decide if she gets awards or not disagree. Idk, it's just a big hypocritical thing and I find it sad.

https://whoivealwaysbeen.forumeiros.net

31Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Fearlyssa

Fearlyssa
come feel this magic
come feel this magic

maria wrote:
Fearlyssa wrote:
maria wrote:
Fearlyssa wrote:
xmelanie wrote:
AllTooWell20 wrote:
Yeah. I think Red only has 3 full on pop songs, while the rest of the album has country elements (Even IKYWT has some country elements, IMO), but country award shows take advantage of those being the three most successful singles on the album to justify not giving her awards. I think it's very hypocritical of them to keep nominating her when they don't really intend on giving her anything. I think the timing of the Pinnacle award was very interesting. It's like they're saying she peaked at country music because they think she'll start to stray from country even more now. But I wouldn't know.
I think it's funny, though, that some country artists still like take "ownership" of Taylor Swift (like Blake Shelton said in The Voice), but the "big people" who get to decide if she gets awards or not disagree. Idk, it's just a big hypocritical thing and I find it sad.
I wonder if she realizes they're doing that. :/

32Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Fearlyssa wrote:
maria wrote:
Fearlyssa wrote:I wonder if she realizes they're doing that. :/
Well, on award shows they usually award Singers, Albums or released songs. Lets take a look at the last CMA and Taylors nominations:

Musical Event of the Year
“Highway Don’t Care” — Tim McGraw with Taylor Swift and Keith Urban
“Cruise” — Florida Georgia Line with Nelly
“Don’t Rush” — Kelly Clarkson feat. Vince Gill
“Boys ’Round Here” — Blake Shelton feat. Pistol Annies
“The Only Way I Know” — Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan and Eric Church
it was a great musical event. They got the award.

Music Video of the Year (award to artist and director)
“Highway Don’t Care” — Tim McGraw with Taylor Swift and Keith Urban (directed by Shane Drake)
“Blown Away” — Carrie Underwood (directed by Randee St. Nicholas)
“Boys ’Round Here” — Blake Shelton feat. Pistol Annies (directed by Trey Fanjoy)
“Downtown” — Lady Antebellum (directed by Peter Zavadil)
“Mama’s Broken Heart” — Miranda Lambert (directed by Trey Fanjoy)
“Tornado” — Little Big Town (directed by Shane Drake)
they won it. it was a good video, though i liked another one a little better.

Album of the Year
(award to artist and producer)
Blake Shelton — Based on a True Story . . . (produced by Scott Hendricks)
Carrie Underwood — Blown Away (produced by Mark Bright)
Taylor Swift — Red (produced by Jeff Bhasker, Scott Borchetta, Nathan Chapman, Dann Huff, Jacknife Lee, Max Martin, Shellback, Taylor Swift, Butch Walker and Dan Wilson)
Kacey Musgraves — Same Trailer Different Park (produced by Kacey Musgraves, Luke Laird and Shane McAnally)
Little Big Town — Tornado (produced by Jay Joyce)
Every single artist had a great album, most likely every person has a different opinion on which is the best one. but i don't think taylor didn't win bc the album wasn't country enough, but just bc Blakes album IS really good.

Single of the Year
“Cruise” — Florida Georgia Line (produced by Joey Moi)
“Highway Don’t Care” — Tim McGraw with Taylor Swift and Keith Urban (produced by Byron Gallimore and Tim McGraw)
“Mama’s Broken Heart” — Miranda Lambert (produced by Frank Liddell, Glenn Worf and Chuck Ainlay)
“Merry Go ’Round” — Kacey Musgraves (produced by Luke Laird, Shane McAnally and Kacey Musgraves)
“Wagon Wheel” — Darius Rucker (produced by Frank Rogers)
Florida Georgia Line definitly deserved this one!

Female Vocalist of the Year
Miranda Lambert
Kelly Clarkson
Kacey Musgraves
Taylor Swift
Carrie Underwood
Taylor is an artist not a vocalist. I never got how she won that award during her fearless era.

Entertainer of the Year
George Strait
Jason Aldean
Luke Bryan
Blake Shelton
Taylor Swift
George with his big tour, this year he definitly deserved it.

I don't see how she was nominated just so her fans would tune in. we shouldn't forget a lot of her fans tune also in for people like Carrie ,miranda, luke, tim, brad or so many others. And for categories like song and single of the year, the awards always go to singles that were released and did well on the charts. and to nominate WANEGBT or 22 in that category would've been one of the biggest jokes of the year. and they didn't nomiate Begin again, so frrom what you said before, they would've had to nominate it to get her audience. so i wouldn't generalize your assumption that she doesn't get the awards bc they just want her audience. You should also consider other artist just having better songs or albums or just years.
And she got way too many awards when she was hyped up after fearless. it's just came down to the 'normal' level. not one person gets every single award. well except for the AMAs.

33Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:30 am

xmelanie

xmelanie

Do you think baby will be on this album? Because a lot of people are talking about it and that Scott really likes it etc...

34Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 am

Fearlyssa

Fearlyssa
come feel this magic
come feel this magic

xmelanie wrote:Do you think baby will be on this album? Because a lot of people are talking about it and that Scott really likes it etc...
I hope so! Babe sounds like it would be really good and at this point there's obviously not going to be a platinum edition of Red and Pat (the co-writer) said it was her song so I hope she would put it on there at least on the deluxe edition because it could be it's last chance to be released.

35Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:40 pm

[wonderstruck]

[wonderstruck]

I was wondering about Babe. It seemed like for a while there it was going to be released but obviously it hasn't yet...

36Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Vicki

Vicki
it's flawless, it's fearless
it's flawless, it's fearless

maria wrote:
[...]
^This is exactly how I feel. Red is pretty country, as an album, just not in a super obvious way. But it still has country elements. And Speak Now isn't really all that different. Sonically, Speak Now and Red don't vary too much in terms of country-ness, in my opinion, but rather in tempo and emotion. Speak Now has a lot more slower songs, whereas Red is more uptempo. And the emotions in the albums are quite different.

37Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:18 pm

CatKearns23

CatKearns23
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world

Fearlyssa wrote:
xmelanie wrote:Do you think baby will be on this album? Because a lot of people are talking about it and that Scott really likes it etc...
I hope so! Babe sounds like it would be really good and at this point there's obviously not going to be a platinum edition of Red and Pat (the co-writer) said it was her song so I hope she would put it on there at least on the deluxe edition because it could be it's last chance to be released.

Scott said there will be no plat. ed. right? I wonder if they secretly have something planned. It's just so odd that she hasn't released ANYTHING extra. She's done it in the past for every other album (or at least released something in between albums, like Beautiful Eyes and SNWT)

38Fifth album ahead of sched! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Fearlyssa

Fearlyssa
come feel this magic
come feel this magic

AllTooWell20 wrote:
Fearlyssa wrote:

Scott said there will be no plat. ed. right? I wonder if they secretly have something planned. It's just so odd that she hasn't released ANYTHING extra. She's done it in the past for every other album (or at least released something in between albums, like Beautiful Eyes and SNWT)
Yeah, he said that but that's what I think too! Ed and Pat both talked about platinum editions like they knew for sure there'd be one and those songs would be on it and there were all those rumors that were immidiately taken down like they were true but then Scott said there'd be no platinum edition which makes sense in a way because she did already put out a deluxe edition and there's been filming at her concerts which makes it seem more like there'll be a tour DVD but that doesn't explain why Ed and Par thought there's be one and why she still hasn't released anything yet and hasn't scheduled an more tour dates. So it makes me think she's planning this huge surprise for the end of this year/beginning of next year. I'm hoping for a 3D tour movie that's in theaters. I hope she's not just overworked and taking time off to work on her next album because that means less tour dates and no other release until the album but I think there'll be something and I'm hoping it'll be big. I think it'll be something seperate from her new album though because I think if the surprise was that she was releasing her album early then that would be kind of rushed since she didn't seem to have started writing for it particularly early. Also she hasn't really hinted at much about it yet so I think it's something else and I'm really excited about it and I hope we're not disappointed! I don't think we will be though because she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would just take a break from her career unless someone forced her to so I can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum