Your Source for Rare Songs!

Log in

I forgot my password



Latest topics
» Shake It Off Acoustic studio version?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:53 pm by Fearlyssa

» 1989 leak question
Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:40 am by Fearlyssa

» 1989 world tour videos and audio??
Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:08 pm by [wonderstruck]

» Who do you think the songs are about?
Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 pm by Haunted

» Style video
Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 pm by CatKearns23

» Blank Space is the next single!
Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:59 am by Signe

» 1989 Review
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:45 pm by Fearlyssa

» Welcome To New York!
Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 pm by Fearlyssa

» 1989 One Week Album Sales
Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:55 pm by Fearlyssa


You are not connected. Please login or register

1989 NEW ALBUM

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Sunnified!

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
This is the new album name! will be released october 27th! You can pre buy the album after the end of the live stream

2 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Guest


Guest
I'm so excited!

3 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:38 pm

CatKearns23

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
My internet sucks and keeps buffering :p I also missed most of the single. How does everyone feel about it? And her website isn't working for me. is it not working for everyone else?

4 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:40 pm

13ack to December

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
I love her new single, and i think it's different from anything she's ever done but i really like it... and i find the music video really cool too!
I'm so excited i can't wait...

5 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:46 pm

CatKearns23

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
I found the video in case anyone else missed it!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/track-review/6221814/taylor-swift-shake-it-off-single-review

Does anyone know when we can buy the single?

6 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Sunnified!

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
its on itunes now Smile to be honest, im not too impressed, i expected something a bit more ... raw, but it is cute and catchy

7 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Kate

avatar
you're tied together with a smile
you're tied together with a smile
I'm so happy that finally a single of hers, which will most likely become popular, isn't about boys for once. It sends a good message and I can't wait to see what people think of it. It's also super fun to dance to!

8 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:49 pm

CatKearns23

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
I didn't like it at first, but now I can't stop listening to it! It's catchy and the message is great. It teaches that you can just shake off the haters and be happy. I think a song like this is needed for her. Though I am a little sad she's going completely pop. I hope she has at least one or two songs that are a little country. Also, the presale packages are available in the US store (as of yet, the international stores don't have any available). The deluxe link for target isn't working, but the links for her site are fixed. You can get the standard CD and a shirt. They're $40-$60 though o.O plus shipping is almost another $10. I really want one, but I can't afford it with a wedding to save up for. Plus I think almost $50 is a little ridiculous for a shirt and CD. I might splurge, though. Is anyone else doing a preorder?

9 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Kate

avatar
you're tied together with a smile
you're tied together with a smile
I really want the deluxe album and the seagull shirt, but I don't want to have to buy both separately. I care much more about the deluxe album though so I'll probably be buying that.

10 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:36 am

Guest


Guest
hmm.. i haven't written on here for a while since nothing really happened, but i decided to stop by and listen to tays new single. so thx for the video link. everything on youtube says 'not available in my country' again  Rolling Eyes 
I have to say i'm really disappointed. though the song has a great message i think it's poorly transposed with this bugglegum song. though listening to it a few times it just doesn't grow on me. i guess i have to wait for the album to make my decision to actually spend money on it. bc right now i know for these kind of music i won't spend my money! maybe it is like two years ago when i didn't like WANEGBT, but liked lots of songs on red.

11 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

13ack to December

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
[quote="Cat21"] I really want one, but I can't afford it with a wedding to save up for./quote]
Yay, you're getting married!! Smile Congratulations     

12 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 am

xmelanie

avatar
on the outside looking in
on the outside looking in
Laura wrote:hmm.. i haven't written on here for a while since nothing really happened, but i decided to stop by and listen to tays new single. so thx for the video link. everything on youtube says 'not available in my country' again  Rolling Eyes 
I have to say i'm really disappointed. though the song has a great message i think it's poorly transposed with this bugglegum song. though listening to it a few times it just doesn't grow on me. i guess i have to wait for the album to make my decision to actually spend money on it. bc right now i know for these kind of music i won't spend my money! maybe it is like two years ago when i didn't like WANEGBT, but liked lots of songs on red.
I'm glad to see there someone who has the same opinion as me. I am dissappointed too but I was also dissapointed with WANEGBT so I don't know yet. It took a while before I bought Red so I assume that it will take me a while to decide whether or not I want this album.

13 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:30 am

Guest


Guest
xmelanie wrote:
Laura wrote:hmm.. i haven't written on here for a while since nothing really happened, but i decided to stop by and listen to tays new single. so thx for the video link. everything on youtube says 'not available in my country' again  Rolling Eyes 
I have to say i'm really disappointed. though the song has a great message i think it's poorly transposed with this bugglegum song. though listening to it a few times it just doesn't grow on me. i guess i have to wait for the album to make my decision to actually spend money on it. bc right now i know for these kind of music i won't spend my money! maybe it is like two years ago when i didn't like WANEGBT, but liked lots of songs on red.
I'm glad to see there someone who has the same opinion as me. I am dissappointed too but I was also dissapointed with WANEGBT so I don't know yet. It took a while before I bought Red so I assume that it will take me a while to decide whether or not I want this album.
and i'm glad too. everyone i asked said, it's soo good bc it's soo catchy. but just catchiness doesn't make a good song in my mind. it's a little boring too. unless two years ago i'm a little less hopeful. "a sonically cohesive album" basically means to me - this song in different ways sung, with different words. and i don't like 80s-pop. oh well it's not that long til the end of october and i guess we'll hear a few songs a little earlier. i still hope for me to like the album.

14 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 am

Sunnified!

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
I have to say I agree. Although I absolutely love how catchy it is and how much fun she has in the music video, I'm really disappointed. I was expecting a big change but not like this. I love how she's evolving and what not but I'm starting to become more and more convinced that she's gonna eventually sell out and lose the charm that made me rush to the store that made me bu TS and Fearless. Unfortunately, according to wikipedia, there is only one song on the album, both the regular and deluxe, that she wrote all by herself. Most of them are co-written with Shellback and Martin... I mean I wasn't a big fan of Red, despite that I bought both the original and deluxe, but it had a few good songs here and there. In all honesty, Im still popping SN into the car because that was by far the best album she's had to date.

15 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 am

xmelanie

avatar
on the outside looking in
on the outside looking in
Laura wrote:
xmelanie wrote:
Laura wrote:hmm.. i haven't written on here for a while since nothing really happened, but i decided to stop by and listen to tays new single. so thx for the video link. everything on youtube says 'not available in my country' again  Rolling Eyes 
I have to say i'm really disappointed. though the song has a great message i think it's poorly transposed with this bugglegum song. though listening to it a few times it just doesn't grow on me. i guess i have to wait for the album to make my decision to actually spend money on it. bc right now i know for these kind of music i won't spend my money! maybe it is like two years ago when i didn't like WANEGBT, but liked lots of songs on red.
I'm glad to see there someone who has the same opinion as me. I am dissappointed too but I was also dissapointed with WANEGBT so I don't know yet. It took a while before I bought Red so I assume that it will take me a while to decide whether or not I want this album.
and i'm glad too. everyone i asked said, it's soo good bc it's soo catchy. but just catchiness doesn't make a good song in my mind. it's a little boring too. unless two years ago i'm a little less hopeful. "a sonically cohesive album" basically means to me - this song in different ways sung, with different words. and i don't like 80s-pop. oh well it's not that long til the end of october and i guess we'll hear a few songs a little earlier. i still hope for me to like the album.
I still believe it will be okay, haven't giving it up yet. I saw on twitter that somebody had spoken to Andrea or something like that and that she had said that there would be something like all too well on it too. I'm not sure if it's true but it gave me a little hope =).
I'm really hoping for songs with more meaning, deeper lyrics. The message is good, but the lyrics aren't really my thing. It sounds so edited to me and I don't like it that much.
I'm hoping it's like red, she released the catchiest songs, but there were still some good songs on the cd and if that's the case, I will probably buy it, but at this moment, I don't consider buying it.

16 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:39 am

xmelanie

avatar
on the outside looking in
on the outside looking in
Sunnified! wrote:I have to say I agree. Although I absolutely love how catchy it is and how much fun she has in the music video, I'm really disappointed. I was expecting a big change but not like this. I love how she's evolving and what not but I'm starting to become more and more convinced that she's gonna eventually sell out and lose the charm that made me rush to the store that made me bu TS and Fearless. Unfortunately, according to wikipedia, there is only one song on the album, both the regular and deluxe, that she wrote all by herself. Most of them are co-written with Shellback and Martin... I mean I wasn't a big fan of Red, despite that I bought both the original and  deluxe, but it had a few good songs here and there. In all honesty, Im still popping SN into the car because that was by far the best album she's had to date.
Really? I hope that's not true! I thought she would do it all by herself this time, except maybe a few songs.. But if there's only one she wrote by herself then I'm a dissapointed.

17 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:20 pm

[wonderstruck]

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
xmelanie wrote:
Sunnified! wrote:I have to say I agree. Although I absolutely love how catchy it is and how much fun she has in the music video, I'm really disappointed. I was expecting a big change but not like this. I love how she's evolving and what not but I'm starting to become more and more convinced that she's gonna eventually sell out and lose the charm that made me rush to the store that made me bu TS and Fearless. Unfortunately, according to wikipedia, there is only one song on the album, both the regular and deluxe, that she wrote all by herself. Most of them are co-written with Shellback and Martin... I mean I wasn't a big fan of Red, despite that I bought both the original and  deluxe, but it had a few good songs here and there. In all honesty, Im still popping SN into the car because that was by far the best album she's had to date.
Really? I hope that's not true! I thought she would do it all by herself this time, except maybe a few songs.. But if there's only one she wrote by herself then I'm a dissapointed.

She said a while back that she was going to co-write with them a lot. I love the song, the message, and the music video! This is a Taylor thing to do; something completely different. Maybe the next album will be completely country!

18 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:05 pm

CatKearns23

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
13ack to December wrote:
Cat21 wrote: I really want one, but I can't afford it with a wedding to save up for./quote]
Yay, you're getting married!! Smile Congratulations     

Thank you Very Happy we decided on the end of December, so I'm going into full-on planning mode! haha

19 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:10 pm

CatKearns23

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
[wonderstruck] wrote:
xmelanie wrote:
Sunnified! wrote:I have to say I agree. Although I absolutely love how catchy it is and how much fun she has in the music video, I'm really disappointed. I was expecting a big change but not like this. I love how she's evolving and what not but I'm starting to become more and more convinced that she's gonna eventually sell out and lose the charm that made me rush to the store that made me bu TS and Fearless. Unfortunately, according to wikipedia, there is only one song on the album, both the regular and deluxe, that she wrote all by herself. Most of them are co-written with Shellback and Martin... I mean I wasn't a big fan of Red, despite that I bought both the original and  deluxe, but it had a few good songs here and there. In all honesty, Im still popping SN into the car because that was by far the best album she's had to date.
Really? I hope that's not true! I thought she would do it all by herself this time, except maybe a few songs.. But if there's only one she wrote by herself then I'm a dissapointed.

She said a while back that she was going to co-write with them a lot. I love the song, the message, and the music video! This is a Taylor thing to do; something completely different. Maybe the next album will be completely country!

I was thinking about that today! I doubt she will, but I think it would be amazing if her next album was more like the TS album. As for Shake It Off: I didn't like it at first, but after listening to it a couple times I did. It gives me better faith in the album than WANEGBT did for RED. Plus I think the album cover and the title are really cool. I'm also really excited for the polaroid pictures Very Happy apparently, there are 5 sets. I want all 5, but I don't want to buy multiple copies of the album

20 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:01 pm

nm4dancingbut4uidid


on the outside looking in
on the outside looking in
Shake It Off is a really fun and catchy song and it has a great message, but I was disappointed when I heard it. To me, it doesn't represent Taylor's songwriting ability very well at all. I just feel like she's losing that when she releases songs like Shake it off and WANEGBT. I feel like shes not maturing (like her first album was really mature, her second album was mature, and her third album was also, but then Red only showed maturity on 80% minus 22 and WANEGBT. I'm hoping that 1989's other tracks will be more mature than Shake it off). I understand that she's young and wants to have fun. Its not about the genre for me. If Taylor releases a pop version of all too well on 1989 then I'll be so happy. It's about lyrics and emotion for me. Even WANEGBT had a little bit of that. I'm really missing the Taylor of the first three albums right now. I'm sure that will change once I hear the less bubblegum pop tracks of 1989. I'm hoping it will.



Last edited by nm4dancingbut4uidid on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : On my phone and didn't finish my thought :/)

http://freeforum101.com/makingupforlost

21 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:46 am

Fearlyssa

avatar
come feel this magic
come feel this magic
I love the song! It's really fun but I love it because of the message! I think she needed to write a song about all the haters and it's different one from Mean where she was upset about it, I like Shake it off a lot better because she's not letting it bother her in the song. She's just doing what she wants and staying happy and positive about things and trying not to care about what people say about her which I think is hard for her because she usually takes everything to heart. I think she made it really poppy on purpose like how she made Mean really country because a big criticism of her is that she isn't country enough. So before her response to that was to make a blatantly country song to prove she could still be country and this time she made it a pop song to show that she doesn't care what anyone thinks, she's going to make whatever kind of music makes her happy. And her fans of course as with everything she does but I think this time she just thought if she liked it that her fans would too and she really loves it and I think everyone wanted her to address it so she knew she had to release it. And it's not a break up song either which is another criticism of her. So I just love it really. I don't think I could ever not like it because the message is too good and because it has to do with dancing and is so positive and upbeat it just makes me happy which is another reason I love my favorite songs of hers. I think getting a feeling across in a song is a talent of hers. It's different yes, and so is the music video but I think the song is great and the music video is hilarious and suits it so I like them both and I have since I first heard them. And when I saw people hating on the song and video on YouTube because she was tweeting and they thought it was racist that the tweaking girls in the video were black it just made me laugh because she wrote the song for people like them and the whole point of the song and video went right over their heads! She was making fun of herself and her dancing in it! She wasn't seriously tweeting because she admits she doesn't even know how. I may be a little biased though because I was there dancing with her and like 86 other fans (one who I know but I'm not going to say who it was in case they don't want anyone to know) to it when it premiere on the live stream. haha! But back on the topic of the song, the only thing I don't like about it is the breakdown part where she's talking because she usually has better grammar than that and she just doesn't talk like that or in songs at all (except WANEGBT) but I like it otherwise. Am I the only one who doesn't like the title and cover though? Like I get that she was influenced by 80's pop music and she was born in that year but I don't really see how that's a theme. Like how would each song relate to 1989 in particular you know? And what would a song called 1989 even be about? And the cover is weird because it doesn't have her eyes in it. And the pre-sale packages aren't great. I mean, there's not many choices there. Just T-shirts and you can just get whichever one you want with the CD. For $40 without shipping. And I already have them because they have them to us there and I really don't want to pay $60 for the seagull one I don't have so I'm just going to be getting the album by itself which I'm glad there was an option for. And I'll admit I'm a little disappointed that I'm a little dad that she only wrote one by herself, she wrote a lot with Max Martin and Shellback, the Dianne Warren song didn't make it on there, she didn't write with Liz Rose on it and that there won't be any ballads on it (someone who I can confirm was there asked her management about that last night) but those details are minor! I mean, she wrote three songs with Ryan Tedder and  three or four times with Jack Antonoff and once with Imogen Heap (I don't know many of their songs but I hear they're good!) and there'll be voice memos on the deluxe version and Polaroids inside and codes for meet and greet passes which I always thought she should do so there's a lot to be excited about! And I like the 80's (although I was a 1990's baby so I'm kinda sad now about missing 1989 by a year) so I think I'll really love it and it'll probably become my favorite like Speak now and Red did even though I was worried about the changes in each of them. And just think we can all dress like we're from the 80's for the tour and party like it's 1989! And you know, just because it's a pop album and a different sound for her doesn't mean it will be bad. She's still a good songwriter and Red was still good even with pop songs and it sounds to me like it'll be happy and fun and upbeat and I love that. Her other albums have mostly sad songs on them and that can get depressing. She's young and I think she's starting to really enjoy that now. And I don't think we should judge it yet just by one song. Even if she did say the album was very cohesive. Because I think cohesive is good. That was something Red was not and that I liked better about Speak now. They were all written by her so they all ended up sounding similar I think with the exception of Mean. And at least it wasn't called Roses! lol I knew it would be something that would surprise us and I called the October 27th release date! So basically I'm slightly worried (although probably unnessiarilly) and still just as excited as I was before! And just really glad to know something and hear something from the new album because I've been waiting so long for it! Very Happy

http://www.raretaylorswift.webs.com

22 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:40 am

Sadie

avatar
you're tied together with a smile
you're tied together with a smile
xmelanie wrote:
Sunnified! wrote:I have to say I agree. Although I absolutely love how catchy it is and how much fun she has in the music video, I'm really disappointed. I was expecting a big change but not like this. I love how she's evolving and what not but I'm starting to become more and more convinced that she's gonna eventually sell out and lose the charm that made me rush to the store that made me bu TS and Fearless. Unfortunately, according to wikipedia, there is only one song on the album, both the regular and deluxe, that she wrote all by herself. Most of them are co-written with Shellback and Martin... I mean I wasn't a big fan of Red, despite that I bought both the original and  deluxe, but it had a few good songs here and there. In all honesty, Im still popping SN into the car because that was by far the best album she's had to date.
Really? I hope that's not true! I thought she would do it all by herself this time, except maybe a few songs.. But if there's only one she wrote by herself then I'm a dissapointed.

Yeah, apparently it's true. I fear Taylor's soon going to become just another pop artist out there, and that makes me very sad  Crying or Very sad I mean, I like Shake It Off, but... It sounds like just any other pop song out there. I know it's just the first single, and I'm keeping an open mind, but i really don't like how she only wrote one song by herself.

23 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 am

Sunnified!

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
Fearlyssa wrote:I love the song! It's really fun but I love it because of the message! I think she needed to write a song about all the haters and it's different one from Mean where she was upset about it, I like Shake it off a lot better because she's not letting it bother her in the song. She's just doing what she wants and staying happy and positive about things and trying not to care about what people say about her which I think is hard for her because she usually takes everything to heart. I think she made it really poppy on purpose like how she made Mean really country because a big criticism of her is that she isn't country enough. So before her response to that was to make a blatantly country song to prove she could still be country and this time she made it a pop song to show that she doesn't care what anyone thinks, she's going to make whatever kind of music makes her happy. And her fans of course as with everything she does but I think this time she just thought if she liked it that her fans would too and she really loves it and I think everyone wanted her to address it so she knew she had to release it. And it's not a break up song either which is another criticism of her. So I just love it really. I don't think I could ever not like it because the message is too good and because it has to do with dancing and is so positive and upbeat it just makes me happy which is another reason I love my favorite songs of hers. I think getting a feeling across in a song is a talent of hers. It's different yes, and so is the music video but I think the song is great and the music video is hilarious and suits it so I like them both and I have since I first heard them. And when I saw people hating on the song and video on YouTube because she was tweeting and they thought it was racist that the tweaking girls in the video were black it just made me laugh because she wrote the song for people like them and the whole point of the song and video went right over their heads! She was making fun of herself and her dancing in it! She wasn't seriously tweeting because she admits she doesn't even know how. I may be a little biased though because I was there dancing with her and like 86 other fans (one who I know but I'm not going to say who it was in case they don't want anyone to know) to it when it premiere on the live stream. haha! But back on the topic of the song, the only thing I don't like about it is the breakdown part where she's talking because she usually has better grammar than that and she just doesn't talk like that or in songs at all (except WANEGBT) but I like it otherwise. Am I the only one who doesn't like the title and cover though? Like I get that she was influenced by 80's pop music and she was born in that year but I don't really see how that's a theme. Like how would each song relate to 1989 in particular you know? And what would a song called 1989 even be about? And the cover is weird because it doesn't have her eyes in it. And the pre-sale packages aren't great. I mean, there's not many choices there. Just T-shirts and you can just get whichever one you want with the CD. For $40 without shipping. And I already have them because they have them to us there and I really don't want to pay $60 for the seagull one I don't have so I'm just going to be getting the album by itself which I'm glad there was an option for. And I'll admit I'm a little disappointed that I'm a little dad that she only wrote one by herself, she wrote a lot with Max Martin and Shellback, the Dianne Warren song didn't make it on there, she didn't write with Liz Rose on it and that there won't be any ballads on it (someone who I can confirm was there asked her management about that last night) but those details are minor! I mean, she wrote three songs with Ryan Tedder and  three or four times with Jack Antonoff and once with Imogen Heap (I don't know many of their songs but I hear they're good!) and there'll be voice memos on the deluxe version and Polaroids inside and codes for meet and greet passes which I always thought she should do so there's a lot to be excited about! And I like the 80's (although I was a 1990's baby so I'm kinda sad now about missing 1989 by a year) so I think I'll really love it and it'll probably become my favorite like Speak now and Red did even though I was worried about the changes in each of them. And just think we can all dress like we're from the 80's for the tour and party like it's 1989! And you know, just because it's a pop album and a different sound for her doesn't mean it will be bad. She's still a good songwriter and Red was still good even with pop songs and it sounds to me like it'll be happy and fun and upbeat and I love that. Her other albums have mostly sad songs on them and that can get depressing. She's young and I think she's starting to really enjoy that now. And I don't think we should judge it yet just by one song. Even if she did say the album was very cohesive. Because I think cohesive is good. That was something Red was not and that I liked better about Speak now. They were all written by her so they all ended up sounding similar I think with the exception of Mean. And at least it wasn't called Roses! lol I knew it would be something that would surprise us and I called the October 27th release date! So basically I'm slightly worried (although probably unnessiarilly) and still just as excited as I was before! And just really glad to know something and hear something from the new album because I've been waiting so long for it! Very Happy

No Ballads?? Oh come on taylor... Like i grew up on and to your ballads.. don't throw me and the rest of us wide eyed teenaged girls for an 80s influence...

24 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 pm

CatKearns23

avatar
trying to find a place in this world
trying to find a place in this world
Does anyone have a guess about when the tracklist will be released? didn't it leak early for Red?

25 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:35 am

Vicki296

avatar
it's flawless, it's fearless
it's flawless, it's fearless
I like Shake it Off. For a first single it's quite good. I mean, it's not her most well-written or deep song, but it has a good message and is catchy. I expected this of a first single, and it was better than I expected. Her voice is really good the melody is awesome and it has a good message. I like the music video and the song because it's kind of witty if you think about it. She's making a commentary on society and at the same time it's lighthearted and encouraging to those who listen to it.

1989 is an awesome title and the album package just seems so cool. I love the polaroid idea (the exact picture is so-so but the idea is awesome), and the fact that we get a pack of polaroids with the album, that was so awesome I was just mindblown. And we get VOICE MEMOS. I'm so excited to hear them. Plus, I think the album booklet is going to look great.

The 80s influence certainly is interesting, I don't know what to expect but I'm sure Tay can pull it off. As for Max Martin and Shellback, I don't have any issues with them. Yeah, they don't produce the most original or magnificent pieces, but Taylor thinks they challenge her to improve, and they are quite good at what they do. As for a pop album, I think at this point in her life, it's expected. That's how she wants to express herself and I can't fault her for that. She's 24, and she's writing an album about moving on from heartbreak and just finding yourself and enjoying that discovery. I think pop music fits that ideal for her. And I have a feeling that the album will still sound very Taylor, even if it doesn't have country instrumentation, I think just the way she says/sings/writes/puts together some things just cannot be matched by anyone else, and I think that this album will be no different in that respect. She's an incredible musician, she's not limited by genres. If she feels that 1989's style best expresses her emotions over the last two years, I really cannot fault her. I have a good feeling about it. I feel like it'll be full of insightful comments and well-written lyrics but at the same time, quite upbeat and unique.

I think Taylor will return to country. But that's just not where she is right now. (If I were betting, I'd say album 7 will be distinctly country.) But she writes and sings about the emotions she has right now, and if 80s pop influences and inspires her and pop is the way to express those emotions, well, I can't wait to hear what she comes up with.


_________________

song list | tumblr
http://afadedpictureofabeautifulnight.tumblr.com

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum