Fifth album ahead of sched!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Fifth album ahead of sched! on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:03 pm

CatKearns23

trying to find a place in this world
I saw this on TC:

http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/music/989841/taylor-swift-talks-way-ahead-schedule-new-album-im-obsessed-it

She said she has about seven or eight songs she for sure wants to be on the album xD do you guys think she'll release it earlier than planned? She usually releases things in October or November, but maybe she'll release it just a tad sooner!

2 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

xLoveSwift

on the outside looking in
I think there is definitely a possibility since she's been talking about it since June and the first time she talked about Red was in Vogue (so beginning of 2012). I guess the album is actually ahead of schedule and the fact that she isn't adding any tour dates after Feb 11th gives her enough time to work on the album for a summer release.
But that's just speculation. I really hope she releases it earlier, but the earliest I can see it happening is during summer (August?) and not spring like some rumors were saying. That's way too early and Taylor stated hundred of times that she likes to take her time to make sure it's perfect.

http://xloveswift.tumblr.com/

3 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:28 pm

CatKearns23

I really hope for a summer release too! She's become even bigger since RED, so she could definitely release it early if she wanted to. August is a good month. It's not too early, but it's still early. The fact that it's about halfway done at this point, and that she's starting to tease us about it, are both good signs!

4 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:33 am

xmelanie

You never know, maybe she has a writers block in a few weeks...
But I hope she releases it a bit sooner if it's possible Smile

5 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:46 am

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
I think she just meant that production/the writing process were ahead of schedule and the people on TC were just taking that too literally because she said she likes to have a full two years to write each of her albums and it seems kind of unlike her to break tradition. Not by that much anyway. Maybe September or something. I mean, that's only a month early. Plus didn't she just start writing a lot for it in July? That would only be a year of writing really. I mean, I suppose if you count those sessions back in January and think about the fact that she could've written a few things already back in like August or something that just didn't make it onto Red then I guess you could say she started writing early but right now it seems like everything's the same as normal other than maybe her taking about it a little early but she's only said really vauge things so far so I don't know about it being released in only 8 months. I mean that would mean a single in 6 and she hasn't said anything about the types of things she's been writing or what a song on it will be called or anything. I mean I know it's kinda early for that even for an early release but I just feel like we know nothing about this album and we'd know more if it was coming sooner. Unless of course she's being secritive on purpose to surprise us. I kinda felt like she had to have something good planned when she didn't follow her normal plan of having a fall release. That could be why and could explain why her record label was so intent on her not having another single off Red and the tour thing. It seems strange for her not to want to tour more though. It was such a big album and I remember before it came out she was talking about all the places she wanted to go that she hadn't been before while she was on tour. So she could be cutting dates from the UK and other countries for that. It seems unfair to do it just to be able to release an album early but you never know I guess. Maybe she'll pay them back by going there first on tour next time and having more dates than normal or something but imo (as much as I'd love for it to be released early!) why mess with a pattern that works? I mean, doesn't she then miss out on some holiday sales because not as many people will buy it as a Christmas present if it's been out for a while? I don't know, just a thought. Either way, I'm glad she found her new sound so soon and I'm hoping for her new hair to look like it did kinda recently when it was a little curly but not in ringlets like it was before. I saw a picture of her from maybe a month or two ago where she was wearing a green dress and her hair looked like that and I thought it looked really pretty. Smile -Alyssa

http://www.raretaylorswift.webs.com

6 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:57 am

maria

Administrator
Administrator
She's said there are 8/9 songs already she KNOWS she wants on the record, and I don't think she would just like let those songs lay there just for the sake of "taking two years to write an album", I mean, some albums are written faster, others take longer. I think she's gonna give us the album when it's ready, and I definitely don't think that if it's absolutely ready by April, she's just gonna leave it there until October just not to change the habit. I think she said it was ahead of schedule in comparison with other albums, like, at this time two years ago maybe she didn't have 8/9 album-ready and now she does. So yeah, we might be getting this album earlier if Taylor feels like it's ready to come out sooner.

it's okay, life is a tough crowd.
http://whoivealwaysbeen.forumeiros.net

7 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:52 am

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
maria wrote:She's said there are 8/9 songs already she KNOWS she wants on the record, and I don't think she would just like let those songs lay there just for the sake of "taking two years to write an album", I mean, some albums are written faster, others take longer. I think she's gonna give us the album when it's ready, and I definitely don't think that if it's absolutely ready by April, she's just gonna leave it there until October just not to change the habit. I think she said it was ahead of schedule in comparison with other albums, like, at this time two years ago maybe she didn't have 8/9 album-ready and now she does. So yeah, we might be getting this album earlier if Taylor feels like it's ready to come out sooner.
Yeah, but she could still put the same 8 or 9 songs on it if she waits. It happens all the time anyway where songs she really wanted on the album get replaced by other songs that she wrote more recently that she liked better. She likes to have the full two years so she knows she had enough inspiration and enough time to live her life in between to write songs about. If she thought it was done in April she would still want time to make sure everything was perfect espessially knowing she had the time. She's always writing anyway so I doubt she'd just finish an album full of songs sh liked and just be like "we'll that's good enough" and just release it early. I mean, even if her writing was for sure done in April it'd still be at least a June or July release and there's still the album pictures to take and she still has to record all the songs and write the secret messages etc. which she probably won't have time to do while she's touring even if she did cut it short to release it that early. I mean, it's possible it could still be released early but they've all been released right at that time (and I doubt it was because they all just happened to be finished at the exact same time) she's really only half way there if you think about it and it's just past the half way point so even if that's faster than her other albums it still sounds like it'll be right on time and the rest of the songs could take more time to write anyway. It's just her pattern to release her albums every two years in late October (with the exception of Fearless that was two weeks later) so I really don't think she'd just change that on a whim just because she's been writing faster than usual lately. The earliest I could see it coming out where she still would have time to make it as good as possible (which is what she strives to do) is August or September but even that's kind if a long-shot because she's actually been quoted as saying we can expect it in the 4th quarter of 2014 which is from October to December. And that decision probably has more to do with business anyway to get more holiday sales and be eligible for the most awards and whatnot. She probably doesn't have as much say in it as we'd like to think. If she did we'd have all the albums at different times according to when they were done so I think even if she wanted to release it in the spring her label probably wouldn't let her for fear of releasing too much too soon even without her normal fall release. So I don't think just because production is ahead of schedule that the album itself is going to be out any earlier. Sorry to ruin anyone's excitement but I think we can expect this album on time. But that's alright with me. She can take all the time she needs to make it as good and perfect as she possibly can. As long as she doesn't keep us waiting past mid-November. haha Smile -Alyssa
Ps. I just had a thought. Does anyone else think it'd be better if she (and other artists as well) released half albums every year instead of full ones every two? Because then we'd get new music more often (well the same and possibly less songs if there's no fall release) and it would be less songs at a time but it would tide us over better and she could just do double tours because it'd be the same amount of songs and maybe the albums could be like sets anyway like Red part 1 and Red part 2 like they sometimes do with movies that are supposed to be one movie just to get more money out of it and have longer to make it. lol

8 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:07 am

xLoveSwift

Alyssa, I think you need to realize that just because Taylor perfers this or that or she's never released an album earlier doesn't mean it won't happen now. She had always released something in between albums until now, yet she didn't. Things can always change. Plus,most of us are talking about a summer release which is July or August and that isn't even THAT early.
And all of this is just speculation.

http://xloveswift.tumblr.com/

9 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:48 am

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
xLoveSwift wrote:Alyssa, I think you need to realize that just because Taylor perfers this or that or she's never released an album earlier doesn't mean it won't happen now. She had always released something in between albums until now, yet she didn't. Things can always change. Plus,most of us are talking about a summer release which is July or August and that isn't even THAT early.
Yes, but she did still say to expect it in the 4th quarter of the year (which is October-December) and it's not too late for her to release something for the half way point. There's still rumors of a tour DVD because there's been cameras at a lot of her concerts. I don't think that was for nothing so I think we'll get one but it'll just take a little longer. Personally, I'm hoping for something that gets released in theaters but that seems doubtful at this point. :/

10 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:49 am

maria

Administrator
Administrator
Fearlyssa wrote:
xLoveSwift wrote:Alyssa, I think you need to realize that just because Taylor perfers this or that or she's never released an album earlier doesn't mean it won't happen now. She had always released something in between albums until now, yet she didn't. Things can always change. Plus,most of us are talking about a summer release which is July or August and that isn't even THAT early.
Yes, but she did still say to expect it in the 4th quarter of the year (which is October-December) and it's not too late for her to release something for the half way point. There's still rumors of a tour DVD because there's been cameras at a lot of her concerts. I don't think that was for nothing so I think we'll get one but it'll just take a little longer. Personally, I'm hoping for something that gets released in theaters but that seems doubtful at this point. :/
This has been really weird. I mean, this time last tour she had already announced more dates than now and we already had at least a release date for the DVD. So yeah, I don't really know what to expect anymore.

11 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
maria wrote:
Fearlyssa wrote:
This has been really weird. I mean, this time last tour she had already announced more dates than now and we already had at least a release date for the DVD. So yeah, I don't really know what to expect anymore.
Yeah, I think that's weird too. I think she must be planning a big surprise for us or something for the end of 2013/beginning of 2014. I just don't think it's album related. Not to the new album anyway. More like a last Big Bang for Red because it was so successful. I don't know what, but I hope we know soon because it's killing me that she hasn't put anything out or even announced anything yet!

12 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:32 am

Vicki296

it's flawless, it's fearless
it's flawless, it's fearless
I think (and hope) we can expect a Tour DVD...Anyway, I'd be happy if she released the album early. I know of people who release albums pretty much yearly and they're solid albums, so why not? If she's got good content, she can release it whenever she likes. I'm not really all that concerned about patterns. Whether she releases it in April or August or October, I'm just happy to hear something from her. 8 or 9 songs means it's pretty much done, though Tay usually has about 14 tracks in her albums...Plus she'd need some for a deluxe edition... Then again, it's early days. She might have some sort of epiphany and decide she wants to go a different way. Like, for example, early days of the 4th album, she said it was sad. It kind of veered away from that course, so who knows what will happen with this one.

Scott Borchetta said it was Tay's choice when she releases the album, so it's not like there's really anything in the way of the release, seeing as Red Tour is almost done. If they're doing a tour DVD, that never is a really big thing anyway, promotion-wise. I mean, SN Tour DVD wasn't really promoted all that much or anything, so it'll probably be the same with the next one. As for losing Christmas sales, they could always make another edition for whatever reason or just do an EP, I have no idea why Big Machine doesn't do those so often anymore. If I had to speculate, I'd say they'd release a Red Tour DVD maybe somewhere around mid March, then the album perhaps mid September or early(ish) August if it's coming early, but honestly, I've no idea, that's me guessing with really no basis...

song list | tumblr
http://afadedpictureofabeautifulnight.tumblr.com

13 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:09 am

maria

Administrator
Administrator
Big Machine didn't want Taylor to release any new music until next album (not even Sweeter Than Fiction, Taylor had to fight to release that), so I don't believe she'll release an EP at all. I'm even doubtful about the Red Tour DVD because last tour she released a DVD before the tour was over. Maybe she'll do something different this time, idk.

14 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:48 am

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
maria wrote:Big Machine didn't want Taylor to release any new music until next album (not even Sweeter Than Fiction, Taylor had to fight to release that), so I don't believe she'll release an EP at all. I'm even doubtful about the Red Tour DVD because last tour she released a DVD before the tour was over. Maybe she'll do something different this time, idk.
Yeah, I'm hoping for something different this time like an EP but after hearing that I was doubful of anything new coming out until then aside from a tour DVD because those are all the same songs and they're not singles. They were talking about singles so I guess it doesn't rule out another release because those songs don't become singles anyway. I think an EP could be cool. That's something she could use to release some of the new songs that she really wants us to hear but doesn't think will make the cut because of the theme or something. I think that should happen soon though if it's going to because those types of things are supposed to be half-way point releases and we're already a little past that so if she doesn't release it by the end of this year it might not happen because then it'll be too close to the release of the next album weather it's early or not. I was really hoping for a Red platinum edition just in case songs like I bet you think about me and her unreleased duets might be on it but Scott Borchetta said that wouldn't be happening and even though Ed (supposedly) and Pat Monohan seem to think it'll happen I'm getting doubtful. :/

15 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 am

Sunnified!

I don't think she'll release anything earlier than the usual August Single and then the October album. Ahead of schedule or not, Taylor's OCD about her albums, and will write and rewrite until it is perfection. Additionally, I don't think she'll release anything in the middle either. I'm not to crazy about tour CDs ( I don't know why, I just don't like them), so in my case, I hope she releases nothing instead of a tour CD :\

16 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:26 am

Sunnified!

I don't think she'll release anything earlier than the usual August Single and then the October album. Ahead of schedule or not, Taylor's OCD about her albums, and will write and rewrite until it is perfection. Additionally, I don't think she'll release anything in the middle either. I'm not to crazy about tour CDs ( I don't know why, I just don't like them), so in my case, I hope she releases nothing instead of a tour CD :\

17 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:39 am

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
Sunnified! wrote:I don't think she'll release anything earlier than the usual August Single and then the October album. Ahead of schedule or not, Taylor's OCD about her albums, and will write and rewrite until it is perfection. Additionally, I don't think she'll release anything in the middle either. I'm not to crazy about tour CDs ( I don't know why, I just don't like them), so in my case, I hope she releases nothing instead of a tour CD :\
My thoughts exactly. I'll take a tour DVD over nothing but tour DVDs aren't really my favorite because I'd rather have new music. I'm hoping for something though! I hope she doesn't leave us hanging!

18 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:47 am

ericjonahknight

I feel like she has. It's so sad....

19 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:49 am

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
ericjonahknight wrote:I feel like she has. It's so sad....
Has what?

20 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:54 am

ericjonahknight

Left us hanging this year. :/

21 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:05 pm

CatKearns23

ericjonahknight wrote:Left us hanging this year. :/
So do I. I think she either isn't doing anything or has something we couldn't imagine planned.

22 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:02 pm

i'm not sure if she would release the album sooner. i think the earliest we can expect would be august and i think that's not that realistic. even though she has 8 songs already and probably a date in mind... i presume it also has something to do what will happen in the next 6 month. I mean IF she has a new boyfriend/break up or some thing she has or hasn't to write about, I think her schedule could also easily do a backflip to november or december. so any speculation could go in both directions and is not something to talk about now.... and least not yet. it's sooooo long to go.

23 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
Laura wrote:i'm not sure if she would release the album sooner. i think the earliest we can expect would be august and i think that's not that realistic. even though she has 8 songs already and probably a date in mind... i presume it also has something to do what will happen in the next 6 month. I mean IF she has a new boyfriend/break up or some thing she has or hasn't to write about, I think her schedule could also easily do a backflip to november or december. so any speculation could go in both directions and is not something to talk about now.... and least not yet. it's sooooo long to go.
It does feel like forever still but so much time has already gone buy from when Red was released. We're more than half way there now if it's released on time (and more than that if it's released early!) so it's getting closer every day! I've been excited about it for so long already and so far I think it's gone by pretty fast! I can't wait but I agree, I wouldn't expect it early. But that's ok, on time is fine with me too! I just don't want it to be late! haha

24 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:13 pm

CatKearns23

I can't believe that in like 6 or 7 months she'll be teasing us with the album cover, songs, etc!

25 Re: Fifth album ahead of sched! on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Haley =)

you're tied together with a smile
you're tied together with a smile
I think it's cool that she's really confident with 8 or 9 songs that will be on it, even if it doesn't allow her to release it earlier. Just nice to know that she has a lot done already that she feels very good about!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum