You are not connected. Please login or register

1989 NEW ALBUM

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:30 am

nm4dancingbut4uidid

on the outside looking in
Vicki296 wrote:I like Shake it Off. For a first single it's quite good. I mean, it's not her most well-written or deep song, but it has a good message and is catchy. I expected this of a first single, and it was better than I expected. Her voice is really good the melody is awesome and it has a good message. I like the music video and the song because it's kind of witty if you think about it. She's making a commentary on society and at the same time it's lighthearted and encouraging to those who listen to it.

1989 is an awesome title and the album package just seems so cool. I love the polaroid idea (the exact picture is so-so but the idea is awesome), and the fact that we get a pack of polaroids with the album, that was so awesome I was just mindblown. And we get VOICE MEMOS. I'm so excited to hear them. Plus, I think the album booklet is going to look great.

The 80s influence certainly is interesting, I don't know what to expect but I'm sure Tay can pull it off. As for Max Martin and Shellback, I don't have any issues with them. Yeah, they don't produce the most original or magnificent pieces, but Taylor thinks they challenge her to improve, and they are quite good at what they do. As for a pop album, I think at this point in her life, it's expected. That's how she wants to express herself and I can't fault her for that. She's 24, and she's writing an album about moving on from heartbreak and just finding yourself and enjoying that discovery. I think pop music fits that ideal for her. And I have a feeling that the album will still sound very Taylor, even if it doesn't have country instrumentation, I think just the way she says/sings/writes/puts together some things just cannot be matched by anyone else, and I think that this album will be no different in that respect. She's an incredible musician, she's not limited by genres. If she feels that 1989's style best expresses her emotions over the last two years, I really cannot fault her. I have a good feeling about it. I feel like it'll be full of insightful comments and well-written lyrics but at the same time, quite upbeat and unique.

I think Taylor will return to country. But that's just not where she is right now. (If I were betting, I'd say album 7 will be distinctly country.) But she writes and sings about the emotions she has right now, and if 80s pop influences and inspires her and pop is the way to express those emotions, well, I can't wait to hear what she comes up with.

I've been thinking about it and listening to SIO, and I have to agree with you, Vicki. I really hope you're right about album 7. It's sad for me that she's abandoning it right now Sad like there are happy country songs!

http://freeforum101.com/makingupforlost

27 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Haley =)

you're tied together with a smile
you're tied together with a smile
I agree, Vicki! When I found out that there will be voice memos, I got so excited! I hope they really are some of her earliest recordings rather than her going back and rerecording it once she had the song solidified (just cause I like to see how lyrics/tune changes along the process), but either way, that's awesome!  =)

28 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:49 pm

CatKearns23

trying to find a place in this world
Haley =) wrote:I agree, Vicki! When I found out that there will be voice memos, I got so excited! I hope they really are some of her earliest recordings rather than her going back and rerecording it once she had the song solidified (just cause I like to see how lyrics/tune changes along the process), but either way, that's awesome!  =)

I agree! I am so excited for this album because she's doing things differently. Not just with her sound, but including pictures and memos. Although, I do hope she actually does a thank you note...

29 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
I'm sure she wouldn't record them later because she put them on there so we could hear the process but I'm sure they'll be later in the process so that it's a recording we can actually understand that sounds more similar to the actual song like how the demos she released before were really similar to the released versions and I don't know if maybe she recorded them specifically to be released so they sound better than her normal ones but I hope not! I think it would probably be the half-written song that she brings to the co-writer so we can hear how it really started and maybe some alt lyrics like with the handwritten lyrics of 22 and Change. And yeah, I hope she writes a thank you note again too! I loved that she did that with her first two albums but then with Speak now it was just a line and with Red it just said thank you and but I think it would be nice if with this album she thanked country music for their ongoing support of her since this is her first all pop album.

http://www.raretaylorswift.webs.com

30 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:47 am

xmelanie

Fearlyssa wrote:I'm sure she wouldn't record them later because she put them on there so we could hear the process but I'm sure they'll be later in the process so that it's a recording we can actually understand that sounds more similar to the actual song like how the demos she released before were really similar to the released versions and I don't know if maybe she recorded them specifically to be released so they sound better than her normal ones but I hope not! I think it would probably be the half-written song that she brings to the co-writer so we can hear how it really started and maybe some alt lyrics like with the handwritten lyrics of 22 and Change. And yeah, I hope she writes a thank you note again too! I loved that she did that with her first two albums but then with Speak now it was just a line and with Red it just said thank you and but I think it would be nice if with this album she thanked country music for their ongoing support of her since this is her first all pop album.
I really hope they're the originals and not rerecorded for the album or recorded specifically for this album because that would take a bit of the magic away. I hope for a thankyou note too. =) I really liked her thank you notes so it would be a shame if itsjust one line.
I think it would be weird if she thanked country music. They are supporting her, that's true, but it just sounds weird on a popalbum!

31 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:31 am

Vicki296

it's flawless, it's fearless
it's flawless, it's fearless
The thing with thank you notes though...I'm pretty sure they're dependent on the people who help design the album booklet. Like, I believe TS and Fearless were under a different design company, and Red and SN were by S8MNT (?) and they didn't have thank yous. So yeah, I hope for a thank you note, but I don't expect one.

song list | tumblr
http://afadedpictureofabeautifulnight.tumblr.com

32 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:18 am

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
Vicki296 wrote:The thing with thank you notes though...I'm pretty sure they're dependent on the people who help design the album booklet. Like, I believe TS and Fearless were under a different design company, and Red and SN were by S8MNT (?) and they didn't have thank yous. So yeah, I hope for a thank you note, but I don't expect one.
I don't know what you mean. I don't think one design company would want her to have a thank you note and another one wouldn't just because they didn't think it would look good with the design. I think she just kind of grew out of it because she already thanked as many people as she could think of on her first two albums and as there gets to be more and more people to thank it's just easier to say a general thank you to everyone. I think it's something new artists do more often anyway so if you notice they got progressively smaller. She had full page notes in TS and Fearless and then Speak now had one line and Red just said Thank you. I hope she goes back to writing a little something even if it's just a line because just saying thank you seemed short and impersonal.
Ps. I emailed you Smile

33 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:21 pm

13ack to December

I'm sorry I'm changing the topic, but when do you think she's going to launch her next single?

34 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:52 pm

sbsp92

13ack to December wrote:I'm sorry I'm changing the topic, but when do you think she's going to launch her next single?

I'd guess after the album is released.

http://rarescentral.bosfforum.com

35 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
13ack to December wrote:I'm sorry I'm changing the topic, but when do you think she's going to launch her next single?
Yeah, it's always after the album comes out. Like Red came out on October 22nd and Begin again was released on like October 30th or something. I don't remember exactly what day but it was right after the album came out. That's not usually the case though like with her debut album she released the first single a little earlier than her other first singles and waited a while longer to release Teardrops on my guitar whereas with her other albums the singles were released closer together but never has she ever put out a second single before the album came out because artists usually only release the one first and others maybe just as promo singles. So basically it could come any time after the album comes out but it'll probably be a month or two later like maybe in December like White horse and Back to December were (TDOMG came out in February which was a litle late and Begin again came out in October which was kind of early so I think it'll be in between those two times like her other two second singles were). It's anyone's guess really but since the first single just came out I wouldn't expect it anytime soon and defitely not before the album unless it also happens to be a promo single which is possible too as she always does those as well. Those start coming out usually in the first week of October or the last week of September (September 30th I would think this year if she does 4 but October 6th if there's only 3) so I think that'll be the earliest we'll get a new song even if she performs one at the iheart radio music festival (which I don't think she will anyway) because there's a 10-15 day delay between when that's filmed and when we finally get to see it on TV. But who knows, anything's possible I guess! Smile

36 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:55 pm

CatKearns23

I don't know when another single will be released, but rumor says she is performing new music at the iHeart radio festival Very Happy

37 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
Cat21 wrote:I don't know when another single will be released, but rumor says she is performing new music at the iHeart radio festival Very Happy
I think they might have just meant Shake it off though. I mean, she could perform another new song but it likely wouldn't be a new single not only because of the delay (meaning no one would hear the new single until it airs 10-15 days later unless they were there) and because her live performances can often be shakey and that wouldn't be a good first impression of a new single. That's probably why she's never debuted new singles that way before. She did it with Innocent but that was on a live show for a specific reason and it wasn't a single, just a song on the album so maybe she'd release a new song like that but I think it might just be Shake it off (which is technically still new although it wouldn't be it's live debut) and a bunch of old songs like 5 of them or something and that would probably be why Scott Borchetta said she'd be performing for 25 minutes since it would obviously be pretty unlikely that she'd release that many new songs before the album comes out all in one night.

38 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:33 pm

CatKearns23

Has anyone else seen this? I doubt it's real (though we though the same thing about red and it ended up being real...), but it's interesting

http://foxerbox.com/the-best-of-taylor-swifts-interviews/

39 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 pm

[wonderstruck]

Cat21 wrote:Has anyone else seen this? I doubt it's real (though we though the same thing about red and it ended up being real...), but it's interesting

I'd say it's fake. It's probably a photoshopped version of the Wikipedia page.

As for singles, with Speak Now she previewed/released quite a few before the album came out.

For Red, WANEGBT came out first, then Begin Again was released on iTunes in September. So I think it's likely we'll at least get one more song before the album is released.

40 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:41 pm

[wonderstruck]

Oh yeah, and I don't think WANEGBT is an accurate representation of Red so for those of you concerned with Shake It Off, I wouldn't be too worried. Wink I really don't like 80's music. At all. I was sort of concerned at first when she said she was inspired by 80's artists but then I remembered Sweeter Than Fiction reminds me of an 80's song and I adore it! And the fact that she has been amazing this far in all of the different styles she's done, I'm super excited! I love the polaroids idea. I'm not too crazy about the album cover but I think it fits. It's kinda indie which is pretty cool.

41 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:48 am

13ack to December

Cat21 wrote:Has anyone else seen this? I doubt it's real (though we though the same thing about red and it ended up being real...), but it's interesting

I think it's fake too because she said on her yahoo live stream that the deluxe version would just be a couple of memos from her phone that were the first idea she had about a song, so i think they'ed have the same name or something and not be completely new songs.

42 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:11 am

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
Exactly why I could tell it was fake too. Before seeing the deluxe version of this "leaked" track list I thought it might actually be real because the co-writers are all correct and there weren't any songs called Roses or anything that would make it obvious it was fan made but with the bonus songs you can tell it's fake because only the first three are new songs, the last three are just voice memos of three songs on the album, not three more bonus songs.

43 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:21 am

xmelanie

I'm glad it's not real, a song called 'I'm still in love' doesn't sound that good to me. Ofcourse it could be better but I just don't like that sort of title, but I thought that of stay stay stay too and that turned out to be a fun song so you never know ofcourse Very Happy.
I wonder if the list is going to be released earlier, or leaked before the album comes out. I don't know what to expect anymore because the list of Red didn't look real for me but it turned out to be the real one Very Happy

44 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
I thought the Red one was fake too until I found out it was on target.com that people found it. That's why I thought that this tracklist could be real before seeing the bonus tracks and the mistake they made putting 6 of them on there instead of 3 songs and 3 voice memos.

45 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Sounds fake... but who knows. I'm still putting all my hopes on the Tay Swift/Ryan Tedder Songs bounce

46 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
Laura wrote:Sounds fake... but who knows. I'm still putting all my hopes on the Tay Swift/Ryan Tedder Songs bounce
Yeah, I think the tracklist is but the list songwriters was supposedly confirmed by Target so we will be getting two Ryan Tedder songs, two Jack Antonoff songs, an Imogen Heap song etc. No Dianne Warren song though. :/

47 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Fearlyssa

come feel this magic
come feel this magic
Laura wrote:Sounds fake... but who knows. I'm still putting all my hopes on the Tay Swift/Ryan Tedder Songs bounce
Well, the co-writers for all the songs are. That was confirmed by Target but the tracklist itself hasn't come out yet and this one is defietly fake. The deluxe songs at least because they were stupid enough to put 6 songs on there instead of 3 bonus songs and 3 voice memos so it looks like someone just saw the co-writers list and made up their own list of songs and put the co-writers next to them to make it look more realistic. And as much as I want to find out the real tracklist, I'm glad it isn't real because even though I thought this one sounded the most real, I still thought the song titles on it were strange. But I won't judge the album by the tracklist anyway because I thought Red had some strange titles on it too but I really liked the album anyway, even the songs with titles that I thought sounded strange at first because after hearing the songs they made more sense. And you know, I'm fine with the co-writers list but I kinda wish that wasn't real either (and there's technically not any proof that it is so there might be hope yet for the cut songs but supposedly Target confirmed it and I believe that because they did leak the Red tracklist accidentally and it does still say on there how many songs there are on it and how many deluxe songs and voice memos there are and unfortunately it doesn't have the co-writers list up there now so it's kinda hard to prove but I'm assuming they just took it down since they probably put it up accidentally not knowing it wasn't supposed to get out. Although they really should be more careful) because I wish the Dianne Warren co-write made it on there as well as the two songs I found recently called Cheating on me and I think you're the one (because I think they sound really interesting and just like something she'd write) and more songs written by herself but oh well. I'm sure the album will be fine either way (even without Liz Rose who confirmed herself that she didn't write with her for the album because if you think about it aside from All too well I don't think she's written with her since around late 2007 because she's a country writer and she wants to experiment with pop now). I'm not going to judge it until I hear the whole thing. Smile -Alyssa

48 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Sunnified!

A couple tracks have been confirmed!:
Bad Blood
All you had to do was stay
I wish you would
out of the woods
Style

confirmed by the rolling stones article she was in!

49 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:31 pm

xmelanie

Indeed, I wanted to post the same thing! Very Happy

By the way, anybody an idea about who bad blood could be? Probably we'll never know.

50 Re: 1989 NEW ALBUM on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:58 pm

[wonderstruck]

xmelanie wrote:Indeed, I wanted to post the same thing! Very Happy

By the way, anybody an idea about who bad blood could be? Probably we'll never know.

Off the top of my head, I wondered Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato. (Demi had been jealous of her being friends with Selena. Has anyone seen that video of someone asking her, "How's Selena?" and her sarcastically responding, "Ask Taylor!") Not trying to trash either one. I have a lot of respect for Demi especially.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum